POLICY FOR DATA PROTECTION AND CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY
Data Protection Act 1984
Click here for details of all our data protection arrangements and systems.
This practice will at all times respect the absolute privacy of its clients. Clients are to be left in no doubt as to the security of confidential records. By the nature of this practice, information has to be forwarded to third parties, particularly HM Revenue & Customs, The Benefits Agency, Mortgage and other Financial Houses, Lettings Agents etc. Clients may be assured that such information is NEVER sold on to other organisations.
TIM PHILLIPS & Co. Accountants is committed to upholding the eight Data Protection Principles of good information handling practice. The principles have been drawn up in respect of computer records but this practice applies them to all information handling media:
- The information to be contained in personal data shall be obtained, and personal data shall be processed, fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be held only for one or more specified and lawful purposes.
- Personal data held for any purpose or purposes shall not be used or disclosed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or purposes.
- Personal data held for any purpose or purposes shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data held for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- An individual shall be entitled
- at reasonable intervals and without undue delay or expense -
- to be informed by any Data User whether he holds the personal data of which that individual is the subject;
- to have access to any such data held by a Data User; and
- where appropriate, to have such data corrected or erased.
- Appropriate security measures shall be taken against unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of, personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of personal data.
In respect of Principle 7, this practice will on request at any time forward copies of all information held in respect of any client (past or present) to that client at no charge to him or her.
Data Protection Register Number PZ9794507